If you reside outside of California and are considering taking online courses, please read State Authorization for Distance Education.
Completed applications must include the following:
- A formal application made through CSUMentor (online or using a downloaded application form), see below for more instructions
- A required supplemental application made through Interfolio. Interfolio is the online provider that we use for prospective students to create an ePortfolio. See the ePortfolio Guidelines document for more instructions. Based on the admission quarter and certificate program, you must access one of the following links:
- Official transcripts from ALL colleges previously attended (except Cal Poly), mailed to: Cal Poly, Admissions Office, San Luis Obispo, CA 93407
International applicants, including anyone who would attend Cal Poly while in the U.S. under a non-immigrant visa, must also submit results of the TOEFL test taken within the past two years. The TOEFL results must be directed to institution code 4038. Go to Cal Poly's TOEFL website for additional TOEFL instructions.
For additional details regarding graduate admission and requirements, please view the Graduate Education website.
Go to the CSUMentor site.
Click on the box containing the quarter you are applying for.
Create an account. If you already have an account, sign in and skip to Step 6.
Fill out the required information and proceed with "Next" through the "Create an account" process.
After you have finished creating your account, click on the "Next Page" link to continue to the Graduate Application page.
You should now be at the Graduate Application page, as seen below. If not, make sure you have logged in or created an account, and navigate to the application page.
Select "Cal Poly San Luis Obispo Graduate" from the list and click "[start new application]".
IMPORTANT: Read ALL of the information in the Application Information box.
Make sure to disable your popup blocker for this site, and click "Begin Graduate Application for Cal Poly San Luis Obispo" to start the application.
On the first page, make sure to:
- Select "Fall 2016" for the term you are applying for
- Select "Fire Protection Engineering Applications Certificate" or "Fire Protection Engineering Science Certificate" for your Major/Program objective
There are 11 pages of information to fill out. Complete all of the required sections until you have reached the last step.
TIP: At any time, you can save your application or jump to a different page by using the navigation on the left side of the screen. It is highly advised that you save often to prevent losing information.
Once you have reviewed your application on the last screen, click "Submit Your Completed Application".
Congrats! You have just finished the application process!
To complete your application for the Fire Protection Engineering program, you must also submit an ePortfolio on Interfolio. The links to the Interfolio page for each admission quarter and certificate program are listed in the Application Process description.