FPE Certificate Tuition & Cost
The Fire Protection Engineering Program at Cal Poly is a self-sustaining program; no state resources are used to support the program.
Beginning in the fall of 2018, the current fees for the FPE Certificate program have been established at $600 per unit. These fees may change without prior notice. In addition to program fees, students who are matriculated in a self-support certificate program offered through Cal Poly Extended Education will be required to pay additional university fees:
In addition to the program fees, students who are matriculated in a selfsupport certificate program offered through Extended Education will pay some or all of the following university fees:
- Health Services Fee
- University Union Fee
- Commencement Fee
- International Student Fee
- International Health Insurance
- Late Payment Fee
Additional fees may be required to receive services, materials, or to use facilities provided by the university.
*Beginning in the fall of 2018, fees are $600 per unit, and 16 units are required for certificate completion. Annual student registration fee is based on full-time enrollment.
**UU Fee and Health Services Fee
***International Health Insurance fee varies by quarter. Click here to see further details.
- Registration fees are estimated and subject to state budget approval.
- Federal Loan borrowers have estimated loan fees added in the cost of attendance.
- Distance/Online students are not expected to attend any classes on campus; otherwise, on campus rates would apply.