FPE Master's Degree Tuition & Cost
The Fire Protection Engineering Program at Cal Poly is a self-sustaining program; no state resources are used to support the program. The current fees for the FPE Master's program have been established at $600 per unit. These fees may change without prior notice. In addition to program fees, students who are matriculated in a self-support degree program offered through Cal Poly Extended Education will be required to pay additional university fees:Additional Fees
FPE Master's Degree
|On-Campus Students||Distance/Online Students||On-Campus International Students|
|Additional On-Campus Fees**||$1,438||$90||$1,438|
|International Health Insurance***||N/A||N/A||$1,165|
|TOTAL TUITION & FEES||$15,838||$14,490||$17,903|
|Est. Loan Fees||$72||$72||N/A|
|TOTAL COST OF ATTENDANCE||$33,682||$15,564||$35,675|
*Fees are $600 per unit, and 45 units are required for degree completion. Annual student registration fee is based on full-time enrollment.
**UU, Health Services, and Commencement Fee
***International Health Insurance fee varies by quarter. Click here to see further details.
Back to top
- Registration fees are estimated and subject to state budget approval.
- Federal Loan borrowers have estimated loan fees added in the cost of attendance.
- Distance/Online students are not expected to attend any classes on campus; otherwise, on campus rates would apply.
- Distance/Online students in the MS program are also responsible for costs associated with traveling to San Luis Obispo to present and defend their culminating projects.
- Textbook cost is an estimated amount associated with textbooks and handbooks used for all courses in the FPE program.
- Costs do not include room and board, transportation or other living expenses.