FPE Master’s Degree Tuition & Cost
The Fire Protection Engineering Program at Cal Poly is a self-sustaining program; no state resources are used to support the program.
The current fees for the FPE Master's program have been established at $625 per unit. These fees may change without prior notice. In addition to program fees, students who are matriculated in a self-support degree program offered through Cal Poly Extended Education will be required to pay additional university fees:
In addition to the program fees, students who are matriculated in a selfsupport degree program offered through Extended Education will pay some or all of the following university fees:
- Health Services Fee
- University Union Fee
- Commencement Fee
- International Student Fee
- International Health Insurance Fee
- Late Payment Fee
Additional fees may be required to receive services, materials, or to use facilities provided by the university.
|On-Campus Students||On-Campus International Students||Distance/Online Students|
|Additional On-Campus Fees||$1,438||$1,438||$90|
|International Health Insurance***||$0||$1,165||$0|
|TOTAL TUITION & FEES||$16,438||$18,503||$15,090|
|Room & Meals||$14,706||$14,706||$0|
|Est. Loan Fees||$72||$0||$72|
|TOTAL COST OF ATTENDANCE||$35,053||$37,046||$16,164|
*Fees are $625 per unit, and 45 units are required for degree completion. Annual student registration fee is based on full-time enrollment.
**UU Fee and Health Services Fee
***International Health Insurance fee varies by quarter.
- Registration fees are estimated and subject to state budget approval.
- Federal Loan borrowers have estimated loan fees added in the cost of attendance.
- Distance/Online students are not expected to attend any classes on campus; otherwise, on campus rates would apply.
- Distance/Online students in the MS program are also responsible for costs associated with traveling to San Luis Obispo to present and defend their culminating projects.
- Textbook cost is an estimated amount associated with textbooks and handbooks used for all courses in the FPE program.
- Costs do not include room and board, transportation or other living expenses